Listed on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, Media Prima Berhad (“Media Prima” or the “Group”) is Malaysia’s leading fully-integrated media company with a complete repertoire of media-related businesses in Television, Print, Radio, Out-of-Home Advertising, Content and Digital Media.
In 2015, Media Prima had issues with the archiving and post-production department and Enterprise Storage and Archiving System (ESAS) – 5 Petabyte Centralized Storage for On-Premise (Sri Pentas) & Disaster Recovery (Glenmarie).
Overview – The Quick Pitch
Objectives for Archive:
- To eliminate the use of tape media (LTO & Video Tape) for long term archive.
- To have better retrieval and restoring time for the archived material directly to MXFServer.
- Simplifying the current system architecture by minimizing the workflow complexity.
- To promote a total firebase/tapeless workflow to minimize the file transcode, encode and decode.
- To find scalable storage with very high data availability.
- Provide a storage solution with almost zero downtime/year (high redundancy).
- To have mirror backup at DR site.
Objectives for Post Production:
- To have a scalable and high throughput production server to cater for future high-resolution video editing format and to cater for the possible incremental number of in-house production.
- To utilize MXFServer at the Production Asset Management system (PAM).
- To integrate with solutions that can verify the right/permitted file format and specification.
- Multiple departments collaborate on work to reach objectives in the shortest time possible.
- No more storage and data black holes.
- With the flexibility of infrastructure, customer be able to venture into new business and focus on generating revenue
- Managed Service